View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Power button and on/off behavior 

Post Power button and on/off behavior
The power button on the Utilite2 seems to be of very little utility. As soon as the machine is plugged in, it boots. Then, the only thing the "power button" can do is reboot the machine. There is no way to actually turn it off except to unplug it (or "yank power" in some other way). This cannot possibly be "by design". Is there a H/W schematic available so that further insight into how the power circuit is implemented can be studied?

Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Post Re: Power button and on/off behavior
I don't know about the 2 but the first Utilite needs a special driver and the correct device tree entry to make the button more interesting. It wasn't in mainline before but I think it is now. Pressing the button shuts down the unit properly. Holding it down for about 3 seconds powers it off immediately, even without the driver. Have you tried that?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 am

So far, the only behavior my power button affects upon this system is, if I hold it down for ~15 sec, the machine reboots.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm also interested in alternative usages of the button.
It would be wonderful i.e. setup it to execute a script when pressed for i.e. 4 secs.
I imagine a script that resets eth0 configuration to a default one, starts a webserver, and puts wlan0 in ad-hoc mode; so that the user can reconfigure the network configuration i.e. using a smartphone.

Anybody found a way to extend the use of this button? it seems not being managed via acpi.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

I haven't had any trouble with the power button though

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]