CompuLab introduces UCM-iMX8M-Mini – the smallest i.MX8 System-on-Module on the market

Yokneam, Israel 20-February-2019 – CompuLab introduces UCM-iMX8M-Mini – an ultra-miniature, cost effective System-on-Module, built around the new NXP i.MX8M Mini System-on-Chip family.

Measuring just 28 x 38 mm, UCM-iMX8M-Mini brings out the full capabilities of the i.MX8M Mini SoC, offering up-to 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC, Gbit Ethernet, PCIe, 2 USB ports, 4 UARTs and up-to 85 GPIOs. Display and camera connectivity is supported with MIPI-DSI and MIPI-CSI interfaces. In addition, UCM-iMX8M-Mini features on-board WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2 interfaces implemented with a pre-certified module.

Miniature size, high performance video and graphics capabilities and highly power efficient design make UCM-iMX8M-Mini an ideal solution for a wide range of portable and space constrained applications such as:

UCM-iMX8M-Mini SOM
  • Professional handheld devices customized per specific industry requirements
  • Wearable computing such as wearable healthcare monitors and medical devices
  • Autonomous drones with visual object recognition
  • Portable instrumentation equipment with advanced HMI

UCM-iMX8M-Mini is offered with full industrial temperature range of -40C to 85C.

Software Support

UCM-iMX8M-Mini is provided with a full BSP and ready-to-run images for the Linux and Android operating systems. The UCM-iMX8M-Mini BSP includes Linux kernel 4.14, Yocto Project file-system and U-Boot boot-loader.

Evaluation and Design Support

To facilitate streamlined and rapid product development, UCM-iMX8M-Mini is supported with SB-UCMIMX8 carrier board and EVAL-UCM-iMX8M evaluation kit.

SB-UCMIMX8 carrier-board has been designed for UCM-iMX8M-Mini evaluation and application development. SB-UCMIMX8 schematics, bill of materials and layout are available for UCM-iMX8M-Mini customers to be used as a reference design for a wide range of industrial use cases.

EVAL-UCM-iMX8M evaluation kit includes UCM-iMX8M-Mini and SB-UCMIMX8 hardware set, 5” WXGA LCD panel, 5MP camera module, PSU, cables and a technical support contract.

Specifications

CPU NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz
NXP i.MX8M Mini Dual ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz
NXP i.MX8M Mini DualLite ARM Cortex-A53, 1.8GHz
Video Decode 1080p60 H.265, H.264, VP8, VP9
Video Encode 1080p60 H.264, VP8
GPU GC NanoUltra GPU, OpenGL ES 2.0, Open VG 1.1
Real-Time MCU ARM Cortex-M4
RAM Up-to 4GB LPDDR4
Storage Up to 64GB of soldered eMMC
Display MIPI-DSI, 4 data lanes, up to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz
Touchscreen Capacitive touch-screen support through SPI and I2C interfaces
Camera MIPI-CSI, 4 data lanes
Network Gbit Ethernet
Dual-band WiFi 802.11ac
Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
Audio Up-to 3x I2S / SAI
PCI Express PCIe x1 Gen. 2.1
USB 2x USB2.0 dual-role ports
UART Up to 4x UART
MMC/SD/SDIO 1x MMC/SD/SDIO interface
General I/O Up to 3x I2C, 3x SPI, 4x PWM, 85x GPIO
RTC Real time clock, powered by external battery
Debug JTAG debug interface
Supply Voltage 3.45V to 4.4V
Connector 2 x 100 pin, 0.4mm pitch
Dimensions 28 x 38 x 4 mm
Temp. range -40C to 85C

Price and Availability

UCM-iMX8M-Mini is available now through CompuLab’s worldwide distribution channel and through direct sales (www.compulab.com).
UCM-iMX8M-Mini is offered at a variety of configurations starting from $54 for volume orders.
EVAL-UCM-iMX8M evaluation kit is offered at $385.
Detailed ordering and pricing information is available at the UCM-iMX8M-Mini product page.

About CompuLab

CompuLab is a leading designer and manufacturer of embedded computing products since 1992.
CompuLab products are used in digital signage, telecommunication, industrial automation, gaming, medical devices, aerospace and marine systems and countless other applications.
CompuLab headquarters are located in Yokneam, Israel with offices in St. Petersburg, FL.

For more details please contact:

Igor Vaisbein
igor.vaisbein@compulab.co.il
+972-4-8290100