View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Utilite2 with portable screen and keyboard 

Post Utilite2 with portable screen and keyboard
I would like to buy your Utilite2 with 512 MB SSD disk and use with external screen and external keyboard, would that be possible if I buy something like these?:

http://www.stuff.tv/news/portable-scree ... activities

http://www.technofare.com/5-foldable-ke ... or-tablet/

I also wonder if I can choose to have no components manufactured in mainland China or Japan (preferably all parts manufactured in South Korea or Taiwan)?

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:13 am

Post Re: Utilite2 with portable screen and keyboard
Keyboard support should be fairly universal.

Support for the usb multi-screen system will likely depend on whether a compatible Linux kernel module is available. I recommend you explore this with the multi-screen's development team prior to making any decision.

In addition, the multi-screen you are considering requires a single USB 3.0 port or 2 USB 2.0 ports to satisfy its power requirement - which equates to as much as 5 watts. If you combine the display's power requirement with Utilite2's maximum 8 watt requirement plus additional USB device power requirements, you may approach the maximum rating of Utilite2's power supply, which is 18 watts. In light of this, a conventional HDMI screem may be preferable. Again, I would explore this aspect with the development team.

Also, although Utilite2 supports up to 512 Gb mSATA SSD, the SSD version ships with a 32 Gb drive. You will have to supply the larger SSD.

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]