View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Losing WiFi connection in Ubuntu 

Post Losing WiFi connection in Ubuntu
I'm getting weird behavior on WiFi. When I'm not logged into Utilite Ubuntu, I have a steady connection. I can ping Utilite from the local network any time, and the modem settings shows an active connection. Once I'm logged in, though, the connection is lost, and stranger, the modem reboots! Looking at the modem settings as this is going on, I'm told the modem is being configured remotely, then the network is down while the modem resets.

In Ubuntu, there seems to be a pattern when I ping the LAN. I'll send three at a time, and the first time is successful. If I repeat, one packet goes through, then the connection is lost and the reboot. I can't ping the internet. I'm nagged repeatedly to log into the WLAN. I once left Utilite for a few hours still logged in, and when I returned there were dozens of open dialogs prompting me to log in.

I have WPA2 access and a couple of Android devices that don't have any issues with the wireless network. Any ideas what's going on and what might resolve it?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Post Re: Losing WiFi connection in Ubuntu
In earlier versions of Linux for Utilite, there was a power management issue which caused the wifi connection to repeatedly cycle, but that issue was corrected in the later releases. However, it might be worth a try to run the command that fixed the earlier problem.

iwconfig mlan0 power off

See the posts at:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1340&hilit=power+management

Good Luck

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Thanks, that seems to do it! This looks like it might be a bug; where are these reported for Utilite?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Hello Tiny,

The Ubuntu 12.04 image released on Jan 19, 2014 should have fixed the wifi cycling issue. If your version is older than the January release, you may want to upgrade. If your version is the January 19 or January 26 version, what you are experiencing may be new.

Compulab monitors this forum and generally responds quickly to reports such as yours. Posting as you have done should be sufficient.

Please post the Ubuntu and kernel versions presently installed on your utilite. This info will be useful in resolving your issue.

Also, for Utilite Ubuntu Linux info see:

http://www.utilite-computer.com/wiki/in ... _Installer

Good luck.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm

I have Ubuntu 12.04 and kernel utilite-desktop 3.0.35-cn-fx6-6.1.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

Hello Tiny,

I'd appreciate it if you could share with us whether "Changing default WiFi power management settings to off" solves the issue.

Regards,
Valentin.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:02 am

It's seems to be working. On one occasion, my modem crashed and I had to power off Utilite and the modem before I could connect again. But it's worked for me several times beside that.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:59 am

tiny wrote:
It's seems to be working. On one occasion, my modem crashed and I had to power off Utilite and the modem before I could connect again. But it's worked for me several times beside that.

It's still crashing, just not as often. What's different now is I have to shut down Utilite to get my connection again. Previously it was up,down, up,... until I logged off Utilite.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:59 am

Internet is the requirement of now a days and the weak connection can cause severe problems. In order to deal with this just visit ultius.com and you will come to know the accurate solution of your problem.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]