View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 android audio output 

Post android audio output
hi folks!

i am currently working on a multimedia station based on the utilite pro and android os. basically the android image works fine - also having connected both a projector and screen at the same time.

But unfortunately the only audio source that is currently working is hdmi -
due to whatever reason i cant get spdif working (using the adaptor which comes along with the utilite) nor the stereo sound using a standard 3,5mm audio adaptor

the interesting thing is: i tried exactly the same setup with the current ubuntu image and got at least the stereo setup working - so somehow it has to be the android configuration.

i already changed the audio source to spdif (following the hint on wiki) using command line but even after reboot there were no changes:

# setprop compulab.audio.spdif 1

anyone got a play what i got wrong? i really cant figure it out on my own =((

looking foreward

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:49 pm

Post Re: android audio output
Hi Triskelian,

Unfortunately ..."the S/PDIF is not fully supported in Jelly Bean - the directions you mention (setprop compulab.audio.spdif ...) are related to Ice Cream Sandwich only."

Please check this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1957

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 am

thanks for your response 2kanaa - unfortunately i didnt get the point right away....

does this mean if i run an older image / build of android for utilite
for example that release:
- Utilite Android 14.01.1
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4
- Release date: Jan 22 2014
being enlisted on the utilite download page spdif would work?

and one more thing: even if im not having spdif with the current android build shouldnt at least stereo sound using the 3,5mm jack work? because that does not work either =((

many thanks in advance

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Yes, install the latest released Ice Cream Sandwich, and S/PDIF should work all right as an alternative to either HDMI or analog audio.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:14 am

thank you very much folks - i solved the problem and got the 1500w sound system working (eventought i got new ones with the older build ;D....)!

for those who run into the same problem here my step by step instruction on how to get the spdif audio working with android:
1.) flash the utilite with the latest Ice Cream Sandwich image release (in my case 4.0.4) and boot up system

when system has started:
2.) open play store and install busybox
3.) install an additional terminal console app via play store
4.) open the terminal app
5.) enter "su" and as a second command "mount -o remount,rw /system"
6.) enter "cd system/etc" (in order to switch to the appropriate directory to edit the script being called during boot)
7.) enter "vi install-recovery.sh" (in order to open the script being called during boot for editing)
8.) move to the end of the file with the cursor and add the following code snippets: "su" and in another line "setprop compulab.audio.spdif 1" (second line is the actual command to change the audio output to spdif)
9.) press "esc" (to leave text file edit mode again)
10.) enter ":wq" (to save the changes to script file)
11.) reboot the system and enjoy

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]