View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Fedback from Utilite Pro as Media center 

Post Fedback from Utilite Pro as Media center
I have tried various configurations Ubuntu/Android and xbmc etc since a year without really finding the best dececent solution for online streaming and video streaming in LAN (NAS) until now

For a long time I used the utilite_ubuntu-12.04.3-xbmc.tar.bz2 image and it works very well viewing movies from my NAS in LAN , but no online streaming is working and not even the video addon Pulsar .. (I can't reach the servers)

I have also tested the last Android image for SSD cl-installer_utilite_android-14.12.1.img in combination with Kodi 14 , but found out some stuttering and lagging problems

So my latest choice (waiting for Ubuntu 14.04) is to use the latest Android image. install Popocorn Time for online streaming and use a combination of ES Explorer and MX Player with the additional AC3 DTS codec Arm v7-Neon from http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx ... t-t2156254. With this combination I haven't had problems in quality for MP4, MKV files at least
I hope this could be useful for someone struggling out there
Br
Incensus

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Post Re: Fedback from Utilite Pro as Media center
+1 for this combination, thanks for sharing (popcorn time for example do the job very well, but unfortunately its illegal program to use).

Last edited by 2kanaa on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:48 pm

I bought the Utilite Pro to run XBMC (now Kodi). My Idea was to have a Media Center, TorrentBox and File Server in one device. Sadly that's not working. Im very disappointed from Utilite Pro, I was expecting much more from it.

So I bought 2 RaspberryPis's to run Raspbmc (soon OSMC), which are running awesome! The Utilite is just running with the Ubuntu 12.04 Image running transmissionBT for torrent and File sharing. Sadly, the Utiilite Pro keeps freezing almost once a week even on those simple tasks, which is very annoying!

At the moment I have two last hopes:
Either Compulab soon releases Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with a recent kernel or better OSMC will run on Utilite. OSMC would be the final solution for me. I asked the Developer already to build a Image for Utilite. So it should be only a question of time.
Otherwise i'm thinking about to sell my Utilite Pro. Im sure I will loose a lot of money if I sell it, that's the main reason I'm still kept it. I will never buy from Compulab.co.li again. :-(

Last edited by duri on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm not really trying to defend CompuLab as the crashes aren't readily excusable but there may be a simple reason for them. For example, I find the earlier kernels sometimes crash while reading the EDID from my TV. If I don't connect a display or if I use a more recent kernel like 3.18 then it's fine.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 pm

duri wrote:
I will never buy from Comulap again. :-(

Tell me who Comulap is and I might try to avoid them

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]