View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Utilite SW development update 

Post Re: Utilite SW development update
By the way, two weeks has passed and still not 6.3 Kernel released......

I'm very disappointed by compulab (and my Utilite Pro). I will never ever buy another product from there nor will I recommend to buy anything from this company to all my friends.

Edit: Seems the Kernel 6.3 has been released. Haven't checked the Wiki before. Hope with it my Utilite will finally stop freezing all few days.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 am

I am not going to spoil that "released" thread just posted, but kernel 3.0.35 is no good to arch, and any other disto using system/udev
Firmware loading is killed, things like bluez5 wouldn't work even if firmware issue went away.
etnaviv seems so far away, so something with current bsp please. Pref something based on 3.14.x LTS

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:49 pm
Site Admin

Hello,

We have had some delays on the kernel release, as final testing and packaging took a few days longer than we originally expected.

* New 3.0.35 kernel has been released yesterday. For details please refer to http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2202.

* New U-boot has been released today. For details please refer to http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2203.

Best Regards,

---------------------------

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:51 pm
Site Admin

duri wrote:
By the way, two weeks has passed and still not 6.3 Kernel released......

I'm very disappointed by compulab (and my Utilite Pro). I will never ever buy another product from there nor will I recommend to buy anything from this company to all my friends.

Edit: Seems the Kernel 6.3 has been released. Haven't checked the Wiki before. Hope with it my Utilite will finally stop freezing all few days.

Hello,

I apologize for this additional delay - unfortunately some last minute issues with image packaging have occurred.
I do hope this release will address the issues you experience with Utilite.

Best Regards,

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 pm
Site Admin

pepedog wrote:
I am not going to spoil that "released" thread just posted, but kernel 3.0.35 is no good to arch, and any other disto using system/udev
Firmware loading is killed, things like bluez5 wouldn't work even if firmware issue went away.
etnaviv seems so far away, so something with current bsp please. Pref something based on 3.14.x LTS

Hello Dave,

We are fully aware of that, however we are committed to resolving stability issues for Utilite customers using the original SW packages. As I've mentioned in my original post, we are also working on newer kernel which hopefully would be more suitable for arch.

Best Regards,

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 pm

igorv wrote:
pepedog wrote:

Hello Dave,

We are fully aware of that, however we are committed to resolving stability issues for Utilite customers using the original SW packages. As I've mentioned in my original post, we are also working on newer kernel which hopefully would be more suitable for arch.

Best Regards,

This is good news, thank you.
It would be nice if the development can be posted publically, not on gitorius but github, where community can contribute. Unless the 3.10 is where your up to now.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm

After 2 days of running v6.3, I have experienced no system crashes, no WiFi lockups, and none of the video artifacts I have seen in previous OS versions.

So far - so good.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Will new kernel support SBC-FX6? As i get it utilite is based on same CM-FX6, but peripherals can be different, so i ask.
3.10.x on fresh BSP would be so awesome.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 am

x.T3k wrote:
Will new kernel support SBC-FX6? As i get it utilite is based on same CM-FX6, but peripherals can be different, so i ask.
3.10.x on fresh BSP would be so awesome.

Yes it will

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Thank you for updating the bootloader, kernel and the Ubuntu 12.04 image.

On my Utilite pro device I use a sligtly modified xorg.conf
which gives better stability:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

The file xorg.conf can be found in the folder: /etc/X11/

Best Regards,
Peter Bauer
http://bitkistl.blogspot.com

Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2