View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Compulab-It's Time To Release An Updated Utilite Linux OS ! 

Post Compulab-It's Time To Release An Updated Utilite Linux OS !
Dear Compulab,

I seem to remember a response to a post from isleck several months ago where Compulab laid out a path for releasing a new Utilite Linux OS. Maybe I have missed something, but I cannot find where Compulab has fullfilled that commitment. I do find where other community members are making progress porting to Utilite, but nothing of a mature nature from Compulab.

Compulab, I find that your Utilite hardware is good, but the software side of things is not quite so good. Hardware wanting for enabling software is just an inaminate object with limited capability.The perpetual pursuit of a more fully featured OS is interesting, but the lack of that full featured OS doesn't do much to help with implementing higher level, practical, real world applications.

is there any chance the Utilite team can re-focus and finish a new, stable, official Linux port?

Isaac

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Post Re: Compulab-It's Time To Release An Updated Utilite Linux O
Wow!! My thoughts exactly!

I thought we were on the verge of getting something, but I guess not.

:( :(

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Hopefully we are about to see a release.

It seems such technology has about a 2 year lifespan in today's world. Even if the maker continues support, many community members move on forever chasing the latest and greatest - think Odroid. Many an "older" perfectly good device is now in a drawer somewhere or sitting on a shelf gathering dust. Since Utilite is about a year +/- into its release, time is of the essence.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:00 am

I said as much in another thread. I'll try no to get too upset when these shiny new devices start coming out. They'll probably have to go through the same ordeal.

But yes, despite my positive comments about the hardware, CompuLab have been a little too quiet lately.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]