SBC-T3517 Single Board Computer
- ARM single board computer featuring high performance in a low-power envelope.
- Highly customizable feature-set enables
price / performance optimization.
- Ready-to-run platform with a broad range of standard interfaces.
- Single Board Computer implemented by the combination of a CM-T3517 module and a SB-T35 baseboard.
- TI Sitara AM3517 CPU @600 MHz
- 256MB DDR2
- Up to 8GB flash disk
- PowerVR SGX GPU
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n interface
- Bluetooth 4.0 compliant interface
- 1400 x 1050 graphics controller with interfaces for LVDS, RGB and DVI
- TV-out with S-Video interface
- Host and slave USB2 ports
- MMC / SD / SDIO socket
- Two 100 Mbps Ethernet ports
- Sound codec with stereo output and line input
- Touchscreen interface
- Serial ports and GPIOs
- RTC with lithium back-up battery
- CANbus interface
- Power supply from lithium battery or 5VDC
Note: some of above specified features are optional.
The SBC-T3517 is a small single board computer based on the Texas Instruments AM3517 processor. It is implemented by a CM-T3517 module providing most of the functions, in combination with SB-T35 carrier board providing connectors and several additional features. The rich feature set of the SBC-T3517 is customizable according to the price / performance targets of the user's application.
The CM-T3517 features Texas Instruments’ Sitara AM3517/05 system-on-chip based on the advanced Cortex-A8 ARM CPU with a PowerVR SGX GPU providing 2D / 3D graphics acceleration. For embedded applications, the SB-T3517 provides a 100Mbit Ethernet ports, CAN bus, serial ports, I/O lines and other essential functions, while the integrated WLAN implement industry standard wireless connectivity..
- The "SB Option" column specifies the P/N code of SB-T35 carrier board required to have the particular feature. The "CM Option" column specifies the P/N code of CM-T3517 required to have the particular feature. SBC-T3517 content is the combination of features provided by the attached CM-T3517 and the features implemented on the SB-T35. To have the particular feature, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specification SB
See Feature List of CM-T3517 module + COM-A RTS/CTS controls, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + COM-B RTS/CTS controls, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + COM-C Rx/TX only, RS-232, ultra mini serial conn. + + Ethernet CM-T3517 100 Mbps Ethernet port based on AM35x integrated MAC. RJ-45 connector and activity LED's + E SB-T35 100 Mbps Ethernet port. LAN9220 controller. RJ-45 connector and activity LED's E + LCD Panel TD035STEE1 (3.5”, 480x640, TFT) panel support. 60-pos FPC connector for direct interface to TD035STEE1 + + STN and TFT panel support. 40-pos FPC connector for direct interface to certain TFT panels + + DVI DVI monitor support, HDMI connector LD + LVDS 4 pair LVDS panel interface, 100-mil header LL + TV-out Composite video, S-Video connector + + USB 2.0 OTG USB 2.0 OTG port, USB mini-AB connector + + USB 2.0 host Two USB 2.0 host ports, 480 Mbps. Implemented by USB 2.0 high-speed hub. Type-A connector + U One USB 2.0 high speed port, 480 Mbps. Implemented by dedicated USB 2.0 high-speed controller), 100-mil header + GPIO 12 lines on 100-mil header. + + Touch Panel TSC2046 touchscreen controller for resistive panels. Interface to LCD panel + I Sound I/O I2S compliant audio codec, Line input and Speakers (stereo) jacks + + RTC Battery Real time clock component on CM-T3517, supplied by lithium battery on SB-T35 + + WiFi & Bluetooth WiFi 802.11b/g/n. Bluetooth V4.0 sub-system. Based on TI WL1271L chipset. On-board connector for external antenna. Implemented on CM-T3517. + W CAN bus interface CAN Bus controller and driver with galvanic isolation and DC separation + + SDIO / MMC MMC / SD / SDIO support including SDHC up to 32GB. Standard full-size SD socket. + + Video input interface 40-pos FPC connector for direct interface with CompuLab video input module + + Battery management Charging and supervision support for Lithium-ion polymer batteries S +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage High efficiency switched power supply.
Unregulated 3.3 to 4.2 volt input from battery or regulated 5V from wall adapter
Power Consumption 1W to 3W in full activity, depending on CPU speed and selected features Dimensions 166 mm (L) x 82 mm (W) x 23 mm (H) Weight 107 gram Operation temp (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz MTBF > 100,000 hours
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-T35-design - schematics, dimensions, layoutAugust 22, 2011
- CM-T3517 U-Boot packageNovember 21, 2012
- CM-T3517 Linux packageJanuary 15, 2013
- CM-T3517 Windows CE demo imageAugust 26, 2012
- CM-T3517 Windows CE Board Support Package (password required)August 26, 2012
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-T3517 software packages, please refer to the CM-T3517 software archive.
CM-T3517 and SBC-T3517 Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- 3.5" 640 x 480 LCD panel with touchscreen and stylus pen
- 2MP USB camera module
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- Keypad and cable
- Lithium-ion battery, 2.85 A/h
- 5V power supply
The CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-T35 base-board must contain a CM-T3517 module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-T35 only. P/N template: SB-T35-[E]-[LL]-[LD]-[S]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-T35 1K-units price $57 10K-units price $51
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Second Ethernet port No
6 LVDS interface No
5 DVI interface No
5 Battery charger and supervisor No
4 Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5