- High-performance ARM solution in a miniature form factor.
- Advanced video and graphics enable high-end multimedia applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces delivers extensive connectivity.
- Fully featured Cortex-A9 Computer-On-Module starting at $55!
- Freescale i.MX6 quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, up to 1.2GHz
- Up to 4GB DDR3
- Up to 32GB on-board SSD storage
- Video Processing Unit, 1080p decoding and encoding
- Integrated GPU with OpenGL-ES and OpenCL EP support
- Graphics controller with up to 4 display interfaces. Up to 1920 x 1200 resolution
- Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe, SATA, USB x5, UART x5, SDIO x3, CAN x2, GPIO x112
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 3.0
- Linux, Android ICS and Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Miniature size: 75 x 65 x 8 mm
- SB-FX6 carrier board turns the CM-FX6 module into SBC-FX6 - a single board computer
CM-FX6 is a miniature computer-on-module board designed to serve as a building block in embedded applications. CM-FX6 is based on the Freescale i.MX6 application processor featuring a highly scalable single/dual/quad core Cortex-A9 CPU at up to 1.2GHz coupled with powerful graphics and video processing units. The processor is supplemented with up-to 4GB DDR3 and 32GB of on-board SSD. In addition, the CM-FX6 features extensive connectivity with a wide range of industry standard interfaces – GbE, PCIe, SATA, USB, RS232 and CAN bus.
CM-FX6 is provided with comprehensive documentation and full ready-to-run SW support for Linux, Android and Windows Embedded Compact 7 operating systems.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
System and Graphics
Feature Specifications Option CPU Freescale i.MX6 single core Cortex-A9 MPCore™, 1GHz
512KB I/D shared L2 cache; Up to 32-bit DRAM bus width
C1000 Freescale i.MX6 dual core Cortex-A9 MPCore™, 1GHz
1MB I/D shared L2 cache; Up to 64-bit DRAM bus width
C1000DM Freescale i.MX6 quad core Cortex-A9 MPCore™, 1.2GHz
1MB I/D shared L2 cache; Up to 64-bit DRAM bus width
C1200QM RAM 256MB – 4GB, DDR3-1066, 16-64 bit bus width D Storage Boot flash, 2MB, SPI interface, reprogrammable + On-board NAND flash disk, 128MB - 1GB, 8bit, SLC N On-board SSD, 8GB - 32GB, MLC, through SATA interface ND C1000 Video
Video Processing Unit supports HW decoding/encoding
Up to 1080p plus SD 30fps decoding (H.264, VC1, RV10, DivX, etc.)
Up to 1080p 30fps encoding (H.264, etc.)
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU3Dv4) compliant with the following standards: OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0, OpenVG 1.1, Windows Direct3D, OpenCL EP
Graphics Processing Unit (GPU2Dv2) with BitBLT support
Vector graphics processing unit (GPUVGv2)
Feature Specifications Option Display • Parallel 24-bit display interface - up to 225 Mpixels/sec
• Two LVDS interfaces. Single port operation support up to 165 Mpixels/sec. Dual port operation supports up to 85 MP/sec for each port
• HDMI 1.4 interface
• MIPI/DSI, 2 lanes @ 1 Gbps
+ Simultaneous operation of up to 2 interfaces (total raw pixel rate of up to 225 MPixels/sec at 24 bpp) C1000 Simultaneous operation of up to 4 interfaces (total raw pixel rate of up to 450 MPixels/sec at 24 bpp) CxxxM USB 1 OTG + 1 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps
U2 1 OTG + 4 host USB2.0 high-speed ports, 480 Mbps U5 SATA SATA II interface, 3.0 Gbps, integrated controller and PHY CxxxM ND PCI-Express PCI Express Gen 2.0 interface + Serial Ports
1 RS-232 port, rx/tx only, RS-232 levels (precludes 1 UART port) + Up to 5 UART ports, TIA/EIA-232-F compatible, 3.3V interface, up to 5.0 Mbps + CAN bus Up to 2 CAN bus interfaces (FlexCAN), 3.3V levels + Audio On-board audio codec with analog stereo output, stereo input and electret microphone support A Up to 3 I2S compliant interfaces and enhanced serial audio interface (ESAI) + HDMI audio output and S/PDIF input/output + Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T Ethernet interface implemented with i.MX6 integrated ENET MAC and the Atheros AR8031 RGMII PHY E Camera 1 parallel camera port (up to 20 bit and up to 240 MHz peak)
MIPI CSI-2 serial port, supporting from 80 Mbps up to 1 Gbps speed per data lane
+ RTC Real time clock, powered by external lithium battery + Touchscreen
TSC2046 touchscreen controller. Supports 4-wire resistive panels I MMC/SD/SDIO Up to 3 MMC/SD/SDIO interfaces (3V levels), support HC MMC and SDHC up to 32GB: SDIO1 – 1/4 bit transfer modes WB SDIO2 – 1/4 bit transfer modes A SDIO3 – 1/4/8bit transfer modes (bootable) + WiFi and
Implements 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity standard
Based on Marvell 88W8787. On-board connector for external antenna
Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed (HS) (also compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR)
Up to 112 multifunction signals. Can be used as GPIO (shared with other functions) + I2C Up to 3 I2C interfaces (up to 400Kbps) + SPI Up to 4 enhanced configurable SPI (eCSPI) bus interfaces (Slave/Master modes) +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage Single 5.0V DC Active power consumption TBD Standby/Sleep consumption TBD Dimensions 75 x 65 x 8 mm Weight TBD MTBF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 2 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm Connector insertion / removal 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- SB-FX6 design - schematics, dimensions, layoutFebruary 17, 2013
- CM-FX6 Android Ice Cream Sandwich Demo ImageFebruary 22, 2014
- CM-FX6 Android Jelly Bean Demo ImageApril 3, 2014
Windows Embedded Compact 7.0
- CM-FX6 Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 BSP (password required)October 6, 2013
- CM-FX6 Windows Embedded Compact 7.0 Demo ImageOctober 6, 2013
- CM-FX6 Linux packageJuly 4, 2013
U-Boot - Coming soon
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CM-FX6 software packages, please refer to the CM-FX6 software archive.
CM-FX6 & SB-FX6 evaluation kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- LCD panel
- HDMI to DVI video cable
- Serial port cable
- WiFi antenna and cable
- 12V power supply
Product status: ActiveCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-FX6-Dx-Cx-[Nx]-[NDx]-[E]-[A]-[I]-Ux-[WB]-[H]-[TE/TI]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-FX6-D256-C1000-N128-U2 1K-unit price: $ 55
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 256MB
CPU type 1GHz, single core, no GPU
1GHz, dual core, with GPU
1.2GHz, quad core, with GPU
NAND flash (SLC) 128MB
SSD (MLC) (none)
Ethernet ports No
USB ports 2
WiFi & Bluetooth No
Heat dissipation plate No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5